My true love gave to me a chocolate chip cookie.
If I had to name one reason to keep my Pillsbury baking book, this recipe would be it. Soft gooey and chock full of chocolate chips, it’s a perfect after school snack and certainly satisfies the chocolate lover.
The best part (and also the worst part) about this recipe is it makes six dozen according to the recipe (the last time I made them I had eight dozen because I make them smaller). It’s great if you need to whip up a lot of cookies for a potluck or family function or something. But by the time you put the last batch in the oven it’ll get tedious. ; )
Chocolate Chip Cookies
A great cookie jar staple
1- ¼ cup sugar
1- ¼ cup brown sugar
1- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4-1/4 flour
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 – 2 packages chocolate chips
Cream together sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cooking sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Get creative: Because this makes such a large batch you can split the dough and use different types of chocolate chips for each part of the dough, such as mint chocolate chips, white chocolate, or whatever.
Make ahead: Once you’re done stirring the dough together you can freeze it for up to one month. After the cookies are baked, I’ve been known to freeze a Ziploc bag or two when no is looking. It’s a great stash for when company arrives, or the kids need a treat, or PMS hits!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks good but I can almost taste the calories reading it.
Post a Comment