Most of the recipes I’m including in the 12 Days of Christmas come from my infamous Pillsbury cook book, but not all. For instance, the Cream Cheese Candies recipe I posted a few days ago came from a magazine I subscribed to years ago. I will include a source wherever possible.
Jennifer’s tips:
I never, ever, ever bake anything at the temperature the recipe calls for. I drop the temperature by at least 25 degrees. In the recipes I’ll post here I am including the temperature the recipe calls for. But again I DO NOT bake them at that temperature.
A word about cookie sheets: I use a Pampered Chef baking stone and get amazing results. The baking stone cost an arm and a leg, but was worth every single penny when you see the wonderful golden brown results. I’ve used other imitation baking stones and didn’t like them quite as much. I will tend not to specify regarding whether it should be greased or ungreased cookie sheets, because it will depend on what type of cookie sheet you prefer. And I will assume you know best how to bake with them. ; )
I use only real vanilla. Right now the vanilla I have comes straight from Mexico (courtesy of my snowbird auntie Freda).
I hate overbaked baking, so I rarely use all the time required by a recipe to bake something.
I often make cookie dough and store it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to bake. This breaks up the time needed to bake something and in my hectic schedule it is often the only way I can do any baking at all.
I also feel compelled to mention that while I do love to bake, sweet treats are not all I make. I also have this huge fetish for appetizers. ; ) Maybe next year I'll do appetizers!
Bake on!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment