Monday, August 07, 2006

Transition

I have just spent the better part of four days by myself. No kids. No hubby. Just me kicking around this house. I loved every minute of it.

Now, husband and said kids will be returning from a weekend of camping. (I couldn't go with them, because I had to review some Fringe plays. Darn it, anyway.) My mom should be in the city shortly to spend part of the day shopping. Then she will take kids home with her for two weeks of swimming lessons.

So I got up this morning, bathed and shaved my legs. I dressed in my most comfortable denim skirt. Then I began tidying my house - what I refer to as my Weekly Home Blessing Hour. After my house was thoroughly blessed I did a load of laundry and took out some chicken for supper.

Now sitting here with a cup of tea (and trying not to whine about my miserable cold), I'm relaxing and enjoying my fresh, clean smelling house.

In these few remaining quiet moments, I thought I should blog something.

Something profound.

...

Ok, I'll settle for just blogging something.

Enjoy your Monday holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand how great it feels to relax and enjoy a day of solitude... however I've been having a large number of those lately... I guess family is also something to be grateful for. One thing I'm thinking of trying on my blog is posting snippets of my novel now and again to force me to update my blog more often but also to put something interesting on it as well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.