Saturday, July 29, 2006

My 31st post

I know I haven't posted much on here. You might think I have nothing say. Quite the contrary, actually. I have so much to say.

But things happen. Life happens.

And before you know it, the summer is half gone. Hard to believe, but easy to predict.

Writing is already starting to pick up with two assignments handed to me this week. I am also being tapped for several Fringe Festival reviews next week for the SP. How exciting! Been so long since I've been to a play, I think I'm going through withdrawal.

I've started playing around with some fiction and believe it or not I have a story AND a character that I like. At the same time. Even a plot. Conflict, too! If I'm not careful I might just have a story on my hands.

Other musings...
Life is so precious. So fragile. So fleeting. One minute things are fine and the next a bomb goes off (whether real or metaphorical) and the life you knew is suddenly dark and partially in rubble.

Getting through those dark times is no easy task. In my life recovery has two key ingredients - faith and people. Faith gives you hope - in the face of dark odds. And people keep you sane.

Both light the way to a better tomorrow. Happily, God has filled my life with both.

No comments: