Wednesday, March 28, 2007

House update

The house hunt is officially over.

It pains me to say this, but the builder wouldn't accept our back up offer. (Is there something wrong with us? Who turns down a back up offer? Do we stink?)

And it was a slim chance the original deal would fall through anyway.

The duplexes Jastek will be offering up for sale next week in Stonebridge start at $260,000 - $270,000. Which is out of our price range.

Our agent called every builder in the city - every one of them is sold out in the under $300,000 range - except Hampton Village.

We looked in Hampton Village, but they also have gone up in price within the last two weeks and now start at $260,000 as well.

So I've said it before (and perhaps I'll say it again): we're officially done. If nothing comes up by the end of next week, we will re-invest our RRSPs and close this chapter in our lives - at least for now.

You'd think I'd have gotten used to the disappointment by now, but it still stings. I am praying God will give me a thankful heart. I want to walk in contentment and peace. I want to cultivate a grateful spirit for all the blessings He has given us.

Listening to: my kids eat popcorn and watch Space: 1999.
Pending assignments: 1

3 comments:

Monica said...

I know it doesn't help right now, but just think: sooner or later the bottom will fall out of the market, and you can get twice the house for the same money and the satisfaction that you didn't get sucked in at the top of the market! (On the other hand, it could just keep going up, but we won't think about that!) There's got to be some kind of silver lining, right?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. House hunting is terrible right now and I have no brilliant words of encouragement to share. Sorry.
Melissa

Jackie said...

I know your frustration. All I can say is God must have a better plan for you. It would sure make things easier if He revealed it to us every once in a while. I will continue praying! Love ya!