After a week-long blur of yellow sequins, blue eye shadow, bobby pins, hair nets and dippity do, Mikaela's first year of ballet is over.

Last night the Saskatoon School of Dance presented their year end recital at TCU Place. The three-hour long program was a delightful mix of traditional ballet, tap, and jazz with contemporary lyrical and hip-hop. Not to mention the fantastic energy of the Ukrainian dancers and Irish dancers.
We had a wonderful time watching all of the dances. The hip-hop crew were outstanding. We all loved the Ukrainian dancers with their colourful costumes and energetic routines.
However, the little sunflower number towards the beginning absolutely stole the show. For us anyway!
That's where our little girl shone beautifully. We were so proud of her. She handled the big stage at Centennial with poise and a big smile. I couldn't take pictures during the recital, but managed to grab some in the previous two dress rehearsals.
Enjoy!

This is her looking absolutely petrified just before the final dress rehearsal on Thursday. Once she was out there, though, she looked so calm you would have thought she'd done it a million times!
This is the group on stage:

To commemorate her first time on the stage Grandma and Grandpa sent her a pink gerber daisy. Thank you, Grandma! ; )

This is the group on stage:
To commemorate her first time on the stage Grandma and Grandpa sent her a pink gerber daisy. Thank you, Grandma! ; )
4 comments:
She looks so adorable in that outfit - so glad you all had a good time!!!!
So cute!!!
Congradts on a good performance! The picts look great!
AHH, she is so CUTE!! I am glad things went well for her, and for mom too. I can't believe I forgot, I was wanting to come to the recital. O well, hopefully there will be a next time!!
Post a Comment