Monday, September 25, 2006

Disappointment

Again.

The job I applied for has gone to someone else.

Again.

Disappointment is a bitter pill.

The good news is, they really wanted to hire me. Hmm... sounds familiar. Didn't a local daily newspaper really want to hire me? But really wanting to hire me isn't the same as actually hiring me. At least they said they would keep me in mind for future positions.

So once again, I turn to my writing to help make ends meet. Unfortunately, this one thing I just can not seem to get off the ground. I know that I write more than some, but I'm no where near as busy as I would like to be. And my income targets have never been met. Other writers that have been writing as long as I have make four times as much as I do a month from writing.

I am prompted to ask: What am I doing wrong?

In a way, I guess this is disappointment on so many levels - in so many areas. Perhaps that is what makes it so keen.

My prayer is that God will make it clear what he'd like my prayer to be. Because none of the ones I've been praying have been working, I've noticed.

Pending assignments: 1
Queries pending: 1
Houses looked at: None!

Currently reading: Boundaries with Kids, You Can't Make Me, (but I can be persuaded) AND The Frazzled Factor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your feeling. The company I work for, I had interviewed with a year ago and they interviewed me 2 or 3 times and said that they "really were interested in hiring me" and then they gave the job to someone else. Well here I am a year later working for the company...

I know it is tough, I've been there for about 2 years. So I can sympathize and empathize with you on that.

It is nothing you are doing wrong.

I'm still learning that.

I've done the best with the formulas, the forms, the personality, the phone calls, and what do you know, that isn't what gets you the job. So keep in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel even if you can't see it. God has a plan for you yet.