Friday, September 22, 2006

Proud to be Canadian

I truly am a patriot.

I think Canada is the best place on the planet to call home. I'm actually one of those crazy saps who gets choked up at the national athem given the right circumstances. I'm so patriotic, there are days when I think I should have been American. (Actually, I'm half-Amercian, but that's a story for another day...)

And seeing our boys in military fatigues gets me teary every time. I'm so darn proud that there are men and women who love their country so much they would be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice in her defense. Not only in defense of this country, but to defend democracy and freedom around the world, as well.

That's why this video of a rally on Parliament Hill today has got me all choked up.

Some military wives from Ontario decided to start a wear red campaign to support our troops in Afghanistan. They are encouraging people across the country to wear red on Fridays to show support for our troops and their current mission. To encourage them, that we are not going to abandon them.

To say thank you.
To say we're proud of you.
To say we're proud of the job you're doing in Afghanistan (and a damn fine job they're doing, too!)
To say God bless you and may he bring you home safe.

As a result, I've changed into a red shirt.

No comments: