Thursday, September 21, 2006

House hunting part 97

4:25 p.m. Realtor sent email with a brand new listing in River Heights.

4:30 p.m. I phoned Richard to tell him about it.

4:45 p.m. I have called the realtor to say yes we're interested, heard back from her that we are to meet her there at 8 p.m. and called Richard back to tell him the time.

5:50 p.m. I called one babysitter, but she's busy.

6:00 p.m. I called different babysitter. She's available. ; )

6:02 p.m. I leave for work because we have a volunteer open house tonight.

6:35 p.m. I arrive at work and pick up seven voice mails from just this afternoon.

7:40 p.m. The phone rang at the centre and I spent 10 minutes on the phone with potential client.

7:50 p.m. Richard and I raced up Warman Road to get to the house.

8:05 p.m. Really like the house.

8:25 p.m. Look around some more. Love the yard.

8:50 p.m. Raced to realtor's office to put together offer.

9:02 p.m. Faxed offer.

9:02 and 45 seconds p.m. Selling agent called. There is another offer on the table. Do we want to sweeten our deal.

9:12 p.m. New offer is faxed with about six extra pounds of sugar. ; )

9:20 p.m. Leave realtor's office feeling positive about this potential transaction. It's a beautiful location, on a crescent, gorgeous yard, beautiful open lay out inside.

We waited and waited...

I had a bath and shaved my legs...

Still we waited...

11:51 p.m. Realtor called to tell us they have gone with a different offer. (The particulars were pretty much the same. There wasn't much more we could offer them.)

11:52 p.m. Too tired for words...

As disappointing as it is, we're hopeful something CAN be found out there.

Sigh...

No comments: