Last week I indulged in cooking up some rich (and yes fattening) treats for hubby and I while the kids were out of town.
Tuesday I made a delicious supper just for my hubby. I made cream of mushroom soup.
From scratch.
The recipe included half a bottle of red wine. And a couple of pounds of fresh mushrooms. The result was delicious.
With it I served a salad including greens, sunflower seeds, grapefruit and a creamy orange dressing. I also warmed up this amazing pepper garlic bread.
To end I served one of the most incredible desserts I've ever tasted... Chai tea pudding over fresh raspberries, topped with mango-ginger coulis. It was so light, fresh and spicy. The tart raspberries were a perfect balance.
A couple of nights later I made one of my all time favourite and easiest dishes ever... Shrimp with garlic and tomatoes. The fresh tomatoes melt into a delicious sauce. I served it over spaghettini.
Last Friday I invited a dear friend of mine and her three girls over for an Indian feast, along with another very dear friend.
Again, I served:
Grilled Tandoori Chicken with butter sauce
Basmati rice
Aloo Gobi
Naan bread
Salad (with cranberries and raspberry vinaegrette)
For dessert I discovered the most amazing combination. It's a treat for the eyes and the taste buds... vanilla ice cream topped with fresh mangoes and mini chocolate chips. Never would have thought of putting mango with chocolate.
Delicious.
So those have been my recent culinary exploits.
Pending assignments: 3... whee...
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment