Here we are just a scrape into November and I'm already talking winter blues... That doesn't bode well, does it?
Winter hit hard here yesterday. One foot of snow all at once is not my idea of winter... more like Hades. Especially when it was preceded by a full day of the world being shellacked in ice.
In case anyone is wondering shovelling heavy wet sticky snow while dancing on an ice rink formed by the sidewalks definitely makes life more interesting or treacherous. At any rate, it's quite a workout!
I am happy to report, that aside from a few twinges, my badly sprained ankle from last year has performed very well despite all the ice. Of course, my entire front step is white... with salt. So maybe that helps, no?
Although the unprecedented precipitation (in both forms) has made driving in the city a take-life-in-your-hands kind of deal, it has drastically altered the shape of my weekend as well... leading to disappointment of mammoth proportions.
The kids will no longer be going to Wilkie. Today anyway.
I'm still holding out hope that some sanding crews and snowplow drivers will take pity on the stretch of highway between Biggar and Wilkie (which right now is one of the few roads labelled travel not recommended in the entire province - what's up with that?).
As sad as I am for myself who desperately needed a break from things - from everythings -there will be huge heartbreak when the kids come home. They were so looking forward to going to Grandma's.
Meanwhile, I'm checking out the price of flights to all places warm.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That so sucks!!!
You know, Jennifer, I 've been trying to be thankful for the snow instead of always negative but your not helping me any!! *g*
Here's praying the sand crew gets out there so the kids can see Grandma and you/Richard can have some relaxing time!
Post a Comment