Several of you have commented on my tirade the other day about finding a house. I appreciate all of your concern and encouragement. I really do.
This time it’s official. It’s over. Completely, totally and officially over. Like notified-our-real-estate-agent-over. Over. Done. Ka-put.
The house hunt is over. The money we had saved to use as a deposit when we make an offer on a house will be used to buy our car a new gasket. Kind of an important deal. Choosing between the ability to drive and having a house is a tough call, I'll admit. But I think I'd rather not be walking everywhere. Especially in this weather.
I’m not as upset about it as I thought I would be. The mechanic's we visit had alerted us to the crack in the head gasket last winter. But because it was rather small, we were able to postpone it. As well, because during the summer the seals would expand from being warm, there was less leaking. Therefore we were able to put off this important work even longer.
But our car can no longer afford to have us ignore it. The problem needs to be addressed. The shocking dollar amount of the repairs, aside, I am grateful we will be able to do this. And while it might affect our Christmas spending a little, we are able to do this without any drastic effects on our finances.
It does mean buying a house right now is positively out of the question.
Thank you to everyone who prayed, who listened, and offered encouragement and advice. We really do appreciate it. And to all those who offered to help fix up any house we did get… you’ll have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment