Zowee!
I've been bitten by the pocket PC bug. You know those annoying people who have to put everything into an electronic device they carry with them everywhere. And then if you get too boring at conversation, they play solitaire while you visit?
Yeah.
That's me! Well, maybe not the solitaire part.
It's a very long story... DH and I bought a cheap Cassio version back in the summer. I was just looking for a good basic unit. I didn't want anything fancy. I wasn't sure I would like it or even use it. Heaven only knows how many daytimers I went through in my life - trying to find something that worked. Or that I used.
Well, I was hooked. It kept everything I needed all in one spot. I can even put grocery lists in there!
The little chime that reminds me to do things or about upcoming events is priceless! It's a Godsend for those like me who get distracted easily. (I'm not forgetful, honest. I just have a lot to keep track of and once in a while my brain loses track of something!)
But...
About a year ago, DH had a brand new unit given to him by someone at his work. The person was not a techie and had dropped the unit - destroying the screen. The unit worked perfectly fine, just with a rather large black space on the screen. This person didn't care if it could be fixed, he just went out and bought a new one.
DH has looked for a way to replace the screen. Finally, he told his brother to just look on ebay for the same model. Price limit was $50 though.
Well, fast-forward to this weekend - when zowee! I have my new iPaq. It's not new new. It's just new to me. It's barely been used and would only be about a year or two old.
I love it. It's quite a bit bigger than my Cassio, but that's ok. It has tons more features. I've played with it a bit and I'm hooked. I don't know how I would ever manage without it. I've got dates, meetings, article deadlines, interviews, schedules, birthdays, task lists, contact lists, and Blue Tooth compatibility.
I'm not sure what that means precisely, but I'm sure it's techno-speak for really cool!
Pending assignments: 3
Houses looked at: one possibly later today, we hope! Say a prayer or two or ten...
Coolest lyrics heard this week: My best laid plans are in my other pants - Newsboys, Live in Stereo
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome to the techie world! Are they not the best? I love mine for the alarm feature - great when your out of town and need the wake up call - though my cell phone has taken over for that cause it's way louder. Okay I'm getting too techie...
So should we schedule in a get together for coffee?
Blue tooth is a way of little devices to talk to each other. You can use that to get it to talk to each other or to your computer to syncronize with say your email, calendar, contact lists, work files etc...
If your PDA has phone capabilities like a say Treo 600 then you would be able to have a wireless headset too.
Blue tooth...is that any relation to my Logan's front tooth that is a bit blue/brown because he met a metal chair with that tooth? Don't think it's something I want...not so attractive. Anyway, congratulations on your new little one. I'm not even in the 20th Century yet...No hope for me.
Alicia
Post a Comment