Saturday, October 07, 2006

Thank God Almighty

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was going to say Happy Turkey Day, but then I read this.

If the good leaders of our country saw fit in 1957 to create a national holiday to "thank God Almighty" I'm not going to secularize it.

Yessiree folks, you read that right! With all the bang and clatter about the separation of church and state nowadays, just a generation ago our country enshrined a national holiday that acknowledged God Almighty! Makes me wanna smile and all that. Almost think the country was run by a bunch of redknecks back then, wouldn't ya? Huh. Maybe they were on to something...

So in tribute and acknowledgement of God Almighty, and the NON-secular holiday Monday here in Canada, here's what I'm thankful for:
  • God - That He is who He is. No matter what happens on this glob of space dust.
  • Canada - While my country may have lost her way in recent years and become a den of liberalism and secularism, I have hope that she may once again take her place on the world stage as a leader. Further, I am grateful for the generous freedoms I enjoy here in North America. The more I get to know about the rest of the world, the more I thank God that I live right here. I am so incredibly grateful for the Judeo-Christian traditions that founded this great nation and have ensured our security and success until present day.
  • My Family - Yesterday was a trying day in my little world, but I'm grateful for my husband and two kids. They truly are precious. Today we are off to my mom's to see my aunts, uncles, cousins and the like, and my 93-year old Grandma. Who could teach us all a thing or two about living life to the fullest. God bless Grandma Jacoby.
  • My Church - I am grateful for our church home and the love we have found there. I am so grateful for the blessing of our pastor who is always a source of inspiration and encouragement.
  • New Life - Not only am I thankful for the safe arrival of Linaya Grace (see previous post), but also for the freedom to embrace a new life every single day - God's grace is new each day. We just have to walk in it.
  • New writing opportunities - They keep popping up from everywhere. And it's not because I'm all that special.
  • So thank you to God Almighty - the Creator, the Founder, the Author, the Lover, the Lamb, the Truth. May His name be praised today and always from sea to shining sea.

Listening to: Building 429

Pending rejections: 3

Pending assignments: 4

No comments: