I'm not sure how long it's going to take ABC to shut down the View, but if they don't do it quick Rosie stands a good chance of alienating their entire audience.
First, it was equating radical Christianity to radical Islam (such as the attacks of 9/11).
Then she went on air to tell Oprah she might be a "little bit gay". Like who cares? Who cares if Oprah is gay, why does she need a big mouthed lesbian on another program to "out" her? Further, Oprah has denied this repeatedly. And she's getting ticked. Because those that keep asking her about it are insinuating that she's lying. I'd be ticked too!
Today, she smeared the Pope. Catholic League news release is here.
Basically, Rosie (citing as a source an upcoming movie of all things) said that the current Pope was in charge of investigating claims of sexual abuse by priests in the Catholic church "from the eighties until just recently".
This is only half-true. The current Pope was put in charge of investigating the scandal by Pope John Paul II in 2002. The reason was because Cardinal Ratzinger was known as a no-nonsense sort of dude. Perfect guy to put in charge of clean up if you ask me.
What in the world the panel was doing discussing this topic at all is beyond me, but whatever.
Who's next? She hasn't opened her big mouth about the Jews yet. Or is that scheduled for next week?
Rosie hasn't a shred of journalistic integrity and if ABC doesn't pull the plug soon the only people watching will be their studio hands.
Off to write another angry email...
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember back when they thought Rosie was good enough to have her own show back in the days of well, her own show, and it was about the time that she "came out of the closet" that I noticed how bad her show started to become. Is coming out of the closet a prerequisite to being a foolish person who gets to smear anyone they want about anything and get away with it? I remember the uproar about Tom Selek when he went on her show to promote a movie, and she trashed him for being a member of the NRA and so on.
Even back then, I started to realize that she wasn't worth her words and stopped watching her show... I guess nothing has changed even if the show has.
Post a Comment