Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Current news

Ok. This is belated current news. My latest article hit newspaper stands last Saturday (the 15th). The StarPhoenix ran a feature on Robert Orr and his Christian radio station here in Saskatoon. Unfortunately, they made it subscriber only online. (Sorry).

But if you can track down a back copy of the paper it's on page E5.

I'm currently working on a bunch more for the SP due Monday. It's going to be a very busy week. One could argue that I love being busy. For one thing it would explain why I find myself constantly biting off more than I can chew... and then chewing it.

For another there's a certain rhythm to the life of a contractor. You're only one assignment unemployment, disaster, starvation. While I admit there is no greater source of motivation than constantly living on razor's edge of calamity, I haven't quite adjusted to the ebb and flow of freelancing.

I forget to take advantage of those weeks when life is rather quiet and be grateful for the reprieve. And I forget, sometimes, to be grateful when I'm faced with numerous deadlines, interviews, revisions, rewrites, photos, jpegs, transcripts, research... oh yeah... and writing too!

I'm trying to look at these busy times as a gift. I miss my fulltime job at the SP so much. But slowly, God is changing my heart to see the wonderful blessings he has provided me with every day. For instance, despite being too busy to seek out assignments, I've never had a week without something to work on. (Except the one week when I was on holidays in Alberta - go figure!)

God knows what he's doing - even if it takes me six months to admit it.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Ten years ago I felt lead to leave a full time job to stay at home with my children...I can honestly say I have never gone more then a couple of hours with nothing to do.

Now that my children are grown and leaving home, God has bought new roles and life is still without having a week off!

I have found following Christ means having an adventure finding ways to have those sweet moments to taste slowly packed with lots of entrusted trials!