Friday, May 23, 2008

The hair post - for my mom!



As a hairdresser's daughter I'm not too afraid of picking up a scissor to hack at my hair when it bugs me.

Nor am I not afraid to try a new colour.

After all, as my mother and I always say... It's only hair. It'll grow back.

In my life my hair has been blue (though it looked really black), red, copper, purple and various shades of each. I even managed to get beautiful hot pink streaks in it one time.

Anyway...

Fast-forward to last weekend. My ends felt brittle and crispy and I could stand it no more. So I grabbed the scissors and trimmed my hair. At least I made a fair attempt at it.

Then I bought a colour, too. Ruby rush. A fitting name, I think.

We did our best to capture the colour, but our digital camera isn't all that great at picking up things like colour.

It was scary to be working with a permanent colour that looks suspiciously like blood. Our bathroom looked like a crime scene by the time I was done. Colour long hair is a pain, let me tell you.

I like the results. It really warmed up my skin tone. I got lots of comments at work.

Changing our hair is so much fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see it in real life
...color is always fun