Saturday, October 06, 2007

Grateful Top Ten

I am grateful for so many things this year, but I thought I would share my top ten list: (in no particular order!)

1. I am grateful that I have a beautiful house to live in. It keeps me and my family warm and safe.

2. I am grateful I am married to one of the sweetest, most hard working, lovable, caring guys in the world. Just when I need a shoulder to cry on, he's right there. Just when I need a kick in the butt, he lends a boot, and just went I need to crank it, he turns up Def Leppard! : )

3. I am grateful for a little piece of the wild side that came to live with us last week. Mittens has given us hours of fun and laughter as she playfully attacks everything that moves... and a few things that don't. It's fun to watch a partially wild animal discover their new surroundings. Last night, for instance, she learned she can not stand on top of the table lamp. It fell over and the ensuing crash scared her, but not bad enough to keep her from exploring other new domains...!

4. I am grateful for the three writing opps I had this week. They were fun and though I am a little bleary eyed still, I made it through. I even managed to curb my most serious whining! I am also grateful for the extra money these types of opps generate.

5. I am grateful I got to party at Credit Union Centre with several thousand other people with two major bands from the 80's. Oh the memories!

6. I am grateful my son got to spend the night at his friend's house. He was so jazzed about it. It is so cool to see the things that make our kids light up!

7. I am grateful that God continues to provide for Richard and I to meet our financial needs. Getting this house was a huge undertaking. We knew it was going to be a rough go, but God has proven faithful each step of the way. He's provided on call times and overtime for Richard and a new job for me. I am grateful that we can lean on Him when we come to the end of our rope and that no matter how often I think *I* have it all figured out, He ultimately knows what's best.

8. I am grateful that through pure coincidence (and there are no such things as coincidences, right?) I ran into a very good friend of mine. She disappears once in a while and I had a heck of a time trying to track her down this last time. I prayed for her, thinking that perhaps this time I wouldn't be able to catch up with her. When I saw her crossing the street near Broadway on Tuesday, Richard pulled over immediately so I could race to her and give her the biggest hug. God is so good.

9. I am grateful for the amazing new job God has provided me with. I am grateful that I was brave enough to take a chance and try something new. I've discovered that I like it and seem to have a knack for it. It requires a combination of creativity and technical no-how that I love. As well as an eye for details and organization. I really love it. And I'm so thankful that the kind people at Magic 98.3/CJWW/Hot 93 were willing to give me a chance.

10. I am grateful that I get to go to my mom's for the weekend for turkey and stuffing and lots of family. I am grateful that while there I will get to recharge my batteries after my very busy week. I am also grateful that while my hubby is stuck at home working, there are friends who have so graciously adopted him for the weekend and offered to feed him turkey and stuffing too! We are indeed blessed beyond measure.

1 comment:

RedWritingHood said...

What a wonderful list! Wow, you've helped me think of some things that I can be thankful for!