Saturday, September 29, 2007

Woohoo!

A friend of mine was headed to the game at Mosaic stadium today. She asked me last night if she was going to see a winning game or not.

I said, yes.

Most likely.

I told her Montreal was playing like crap lately and we played better last week than we had in a long time.

Ergo... I thought a victory was pretty well assured.

We thumped 'em. Thrashed 'em. Pummelled 'em. In fact, we laid an old fashioned lickin' on them.

Which is a good thing. We needed it.

Corey Holmes needed to get involved in the offence. Two touchdowns outta do it.

Fantuz needed some confidence. I lost track of how many big catches he made, but one touchdown grab was enough to make him CBC's Warrior of the Game - which I predicted late in the second quarter.

But it wasn't just offence that needed to win. The defence came through in a big way thanks to the likes of Fred Perry and Scott Schultz.

However, my favourite play of the game goes to our trusty rusty punter Jamie Boreham. After a short punt that everyone is waiting for Montreal to touch, I see this green bullet move across the screen like a bat out of hell! He recovered his own bloody punt!

It was amazing!

This game definitely showed some creativity on the part of the riders. Plays were going to a wide array of receivers and every area of the team contributed to this win.

The last quarter still made me nervous - a better team might have capitalized on a noticeable softening of the defence. Hopefully, they get the defence to put together four quarters. Because if they ever do, God have mercy on the team we're playing, cuz they gonna get turfed!

Even still, a win is a win. A a decisive victory like this one, just feels good!

Eight and five, people!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yep I loved the punter recovering his own football - never seen that before and had to ask Murray all about it. Even in the nosebleed section it was a good game to watch.