Riders just won a nail-biter at Taylor Field. Kerry Joseph runs in for the winning touchdown in the dying seconds of the game! How cool is that?
I was listening to the last bit of the game on the radio when the commentators got so excited they sounded like Mickey Mouse on speed. When I realized we got a TD I jumped up and down in the kitchen yelling, "Touchdown!"
My kids were sitting in the living room wondering if I had lost my mind. They had a friend over who also shared the same look.
Then I raced downstairs where Richard is watching the game "live" on TSN.ca. (They offer all the games for free on broadband.)
There is a built-in 10 to 20 second delay on the broadband broadcast. So I while I'm screaming "Touchdown!" Richard is like... "but they've still got 30 yards to go!"
Awesome heads-up play by KJ to run it up the middle like that. Very well-executed.
I'm a proud Rider fan today. They just keep impressing me with their poise, their confidence, and their unflappability. This is one amazing team.
For the first time in decades we could have a home playoff game!
So... where do I buy tickets?
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I watched that game live over at Rob and Sue's house. I missed most of the first two quarters but I saw the rest of the game. It is amazing to watch some closely matched teams play a game like this. (And of course to know your team wins! ;) )
I would guess that the tickets for the playoffs are already sold or at least spoken for. I imagine that they will make it to the cup if they keep up the amazing playing on defense and offense and clean up their movements on the field.
Post a Comment