Who knew a person could get so little sleep over a weekend and still find it so completely refreshing?
The hubby and I attending his 20 year high school reunion. I learned several things while there:
1. Those closing in on 40 shouldn't stay up past 1 p.m. and still expect to wake up early the next morning.
2. Laughing to your sides and cheeks ache isn't just fun it relieves a great deal of stress and highly recommend it on a regular basis!
3. Every person's life is completely unique and yet more often than not, we experience similar circumstances or life stages. It's those feelings and emotions that we have in common that create a connection. Sometimes I wish we'd spend more time focusing on those common things.
4. It's those relationships and connections that make a person's life rich and fulfilling. More time should be spent fostering and nurturing these precious gifts in our life, than pursuing the worldly stuff we get so wrapped up in.
5. My wonderful, beautiful, yet strange life isn't so strange and is more wonderful than I have ever believed. I shall treasure each day for the gift it is.
Other news...
1. I have decided to stay with my current job. We've experienced a few personnel issues and as a result, if I left the centre it would be left with no one. I just didn't want to leave the centre in such a state. When I leave I want it to be on a high note. I want to walk away with my head held high, with a divine sense of accomplishment.
I had decided the week before that whatever decision I had made, I had to make it for the right reason. I felt this was the best reason of all - stay so that I might continue God's work until he sends along my replacement.
2. Started my paper route this morning. Here's something I bet very few people realize: it is so blessedly peaceful at 5:30 in the morning. I loved every minute of it. I prayed as I strolled along - mainly just lifting my heart to God to praise him for a wonderful weekend of refreshment and all the blessings he has given to me.
3. House hunting is being released to God. We're still prayerfully exploring a few more possibilities, but my job is to keep the main things the main things. It's God's job to take care of the rest.
That's all my thoughts for this lovely, but chilly Monday morning. I have much to do today, so I better get crackin'.
Listening to: Building 429: Rise
Pending assignments: 1
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you are at peace with the decisions on the job and house hunts. It is difficult I know when you want to move up or change and other reasons "seem to" hold you down. But take heart, as we sang on the weekend. "The Lord will Bless you and keep you."
Glad you had a refreshing weekend! Nice to bump into each other for a moment. Thanks again for your open & honest blog, it encourages me more than you know!
Post a Comment