I suck at giving my problems to God. I'm so used to carrying them myself. Trying to control everything myself is exhausting. Does anybody have a solution for this. Is there a pill I can take? An herbal remedy maybe?
I'm totally grumpy today. My head hurts. The snow mold allergies have returned with a vengence. I'm managing, but with a steady stream of advil.
We also went to look at a house today. It was lovely. Really lovely.
It's in Martensville.
Mar. tens. ville.
Didn't really want to move outside the city, but we have no choice.
Still the location is lovely. The house is lovely. The deck is lovely. The yard is lovely. I'm certain my man would even say the 24 X 24 insulate garage was also lovely - even though it did need a wee bit of work.
(We're making an offer on it today. We'll know if it's ours by tomorrow night. Will update you all then!)
Aside: I'm also heartened about our prospects by the fact more and more houses are being listed. In the last 24 hours 93 houses have hit the MLS system in Saskatoon! That's an awful lot compared to a few weeks ago.
With an offer pending, I'm worried and afraid to even hope. Having so many offers rejected makes a person skittish, you know? Afraid to trust. Afraid to let go.
In addition, I've let a couple of things really eat at my this week. And they really have no place in my life and no reason to eat up my strength and energy. They're not mine to fuss over.
In short: they don't belong in my bag!
They belong in God's.
So here is my attempt at trying to hand them over to him: (again!)
Dear my heavenly father;
Lord, I have taken several things from your back and put them in mine. They are weighing me down. They have sapped my strength and exhausted my joy. My patience has worn thread bare by trying to carry burdens that aren't mine to carry.
Lord, I give them back to you. I place them and my whole being in your hands. Let your will be done with them. With all of my worry and misplaced energy, have I helped these issues even a little? Of course not. I wasted my energy.
Lord, no matter how many times I grab them back, help me to remember that they are not mine to fret about. They are yours and I have given them to you. Help me to let go. Help me to not be afraid of letting go.
Jesus help me to take up your yoke instead. And walk in your rest.
Father, thank you for the beautiful warm sunshine today. Thank you for the many blessings you give us each day. Thank you that I am surrounded by friends and family who love me and family. Thank you for friends and family that I can bless right back.
In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
Listening to: Outkast - Hey Ya!
Pending assignments: 2
2 comments:
Martensville. Wow. That is a bit of a change. But one good thing. You don't have to worry too much about traffic on the roads or too much noise at night. The downside is the gas bill will go up for your cars. I hope that all goes well for you in your house hunt.
Take comfort in knowing, you're not the only one that sucks with giving it up and leaving it with God!! Maybe we should start a support group???? :-) Coffee at McNally?
Post a Comment