Tuesday, January 03, 2006

This is my first post

This is my first post in what is probably the fifth time I have attempted a blog. Maybe five times is a charm.

I plan to use this blog to allow friends and family to keep up with what's happening in my writing life, family life, work life and social life. I don't think I have a social life right now, but I suppose if I get one, that would be blog-worthy news. I'll keep you posted.

I'm starting 2006 feeling better than I have felt in a long, long time. The past 12 months have been an incredible ride of highs and lows. Unfortunately, somewhere a long the way I felt like I lost part of myself. It wasn't because of anything dramatic or tragic. Just a series of small events that really shook my self-esteem.

Nothing really felt normal after that. I tried everything to find my self-confidence again, but it was to no avail. I felt like I was wandering around in the wilderness, questioning everything from my choices in work to my faith to my choice of friends.

Whatever happened (and why) is no matter now. For some reason I feel like I found myself again this weekend. Nothing spectacular happened. My self-confidence just walked in, sat down, nodded and said, "Yo." Just like nothing had happened.

Welcome back, is all I can say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope that you have the passion to blog as much as you have for writing. I noted that all my friends who have been power bloggers over Christmas holidays are now slacking off during the work season. I'll have to send them motivation to write more.