I'm having one of those weeks where I feel like I'm going to drown under all the things I have to do.
Three articles due on Friday.
Oh yeah. And a proposal for a major writing project.
Did I mention I also work two days a week?
I wish I would quit doing this to myself.
So as I sit here waiting for my son to get home before we can pick up Mikaela, I'm soaking up the quiet and the stillness. It took a moment to just relax, let the brain go silent for a bit. I started praying, "God help me do this... God help me do that..."
And then I realized, I didn't have to say anything. I could just relax. And wait. And listen.
His love surrounds me. Even in weeks where my life is crazy busy. His love and grace abound to me. Sometimes, it takes those still quiet moment for me to see it clearly.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There are days when I'm worried about all the things I have to do in one day or in a few days and I get tied up in a knot. But I find if I give him my worries and just relax in his presence, he gives me respite and the strength and energy to move through everything I need to do that day.
Post a Comment