Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Culinary escapades

My culinary exploits have been rather quiet recently. After discovering some food sensitivities, the idea of experimenting seemed rather pointless.

However, I've had time to adjust and find the benefits of avoiding the foods that bug me the most.

Namely... coffee, chocolate, tomato products (but not tomatoes), honey, and strawberries. (There are others, but these are the ones I am most likely to encounter and give the most notable reaction).

During the summer, I did create a beautiful condiment for grilled steak. You know what pesto is... well, this is the Argentinian version of pesto. It's made with parsley instead. It compliments the heady flavours of steak and serves as a kind of palette cleanser.

I very much enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I'm still working on my steak making skills.

Yesterday I created a dish - chicken and pasta covered with a roasted red pepper and tomato sauce baked with mozzarella cheese on top. To a person who hasn't been able to enjoy a tomato-based sauce in months it was heaven!

Tonight I decided to try a soup I've been wanting to try for years... Curried Butternut Squash Soup.

I called it peanut butter soup for the kids and they loved dunking their naan bread in it.

I look forward to doing more experimenting with non-processed foods. I'll post any exciting adventures I have!

No comments: