Tomorrow the sun will rise and bring with it, the hopes and dreams of Rider fans across the country.
The Saskatchewan Rough Riders face their nemisis in enemy territory in what has to be a story book plot line for the perpetual underdogs.
It's fitting, isn't it? The Cinderella team having a Cinderella year faces their darkest foe... one more obstacle to football's highest glory.
It's even more fitting if B.C. loses. They haven't lost since early September, and I, for one, think they're due.
And wouldn't it be fitting for the Cinderella team to knock off the top ranked team?
I'm telling you... it's like Murray Wood said in his column yesterday it feels like destiny.
That feeling could quickly give way to heartbreak, I fear. So like many diehard fans I will be watch some of the game with my hands over my eyes.
As I told someone the other day, I've never so eagerly anticipated a game I'm not sure I want to watch!
I do want to watch. But the game I want to watch might not happen. I want to watch a game where KJ moves the ball skillfully, and Fantuz and DJ Flick have the game of their careers, and the defense stand up the Lions on every play.
So what will it be a heartbreaking loss after a season of renewed hope, vision and determination? Or the storybook ending with the underdogs handing the over-hyped top-ranked team a playoff-ending defeat?
My prediction: Saskatchewan will come out strong in the first half and B.C. will be fat and lazy after a week off. After the half the Lions will be down by several touchdowns and have to mount a comeback. But ultimately... Saskatchewan wins in the dying seconds of the game with a field goal by Congi. Conjuring up comparisons to Dave Robokicker Ridgeway and the '89 Grey Cup Victory.
Of course, I am a writer and a story book ending is what I live for!
For those that like numbers... Saskatchewan 34, B.C. 32.
GO RIDERS!!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment